Power Line Communications Enabling the Smart Grid
The 12th Workshop on PLC (WSPLC 2018) will be held in Ljubljana, Slovenia on 24-25 September 2018. The workshop covers relevant topics in power line communications with emphasis to PLC in the context of smart grid and smart metering.
WSPLC 2018 will bring together academia and industry professionals as well as students and researchers to present and discuss ongoing work on existing and future power line communication (PLC) systems, PLC applications, PLC standardization activities with emphasis, but not limited, to:
- PLC channel characterisation and modelling
- Physical layer aspects
- MAC and network layer aspects
- Measurements and modelling
- PLC standards
- PLC requirements, coexistence, interoperability
- Test and characterization
- System architectures integrating PLC
- Emerging PLC-related technologies
- Performance measurements and comparability of field trials
- PLC integration with electric grid assets
- Experience from PLC roll-outs
- PLC applications: distribution grid, in-home, in-vehicle, industrial
- Electromagnetic compatibility and interference
- Cybersecurity in PLC
Contributions in the areas of communications and data management in smart grids related to PLC technologies integration into future energy grids are also welcome.
The workshop will feature a number of talks from renowned experts.
Abstract Submission: 5 July, 2018 (extended deadline)
Notification of Acceptance: 15 July, 2018
Authors registration: 25 July, 2018
Participant registration: September 14, 2018